Re: Help with Feats please

From: Bryan <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 15:19:07 -0000

Either we are using terminology differently, or we've read different versions of HQ! It is pretty clear that initiates can improvise feats named within their affinity, with, as was said, a -5 modifier for those with concentrated magic, and a -10 for those without concentrated magic. (note that with the cost of improving an affinity if you aren't concentrated, and the -10 penaly, they could have just said "those without concentrated theistic magic can't improvise feats" and it wouldn't have changed things much in practice- --But in theory someone in a general religion who has one or more affinities can improvise specific feats (as active magic).

Also, orderlies can use active magic (their spells), and do not have to concentrate their magic.

So I don't get where your statement that only concentrated magic users can use direct magic comes from.

-Bryan