Re: Help with Feats please

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 23:24:40 +0100

David :

> I think the terminology "improvise feats" used on p.118 is a little
> confusing -- it might have been clearer had it been "initiates can
> use any named feat in the affinity as an active ability with a -10
> improvisational modifier (-5 if he has concentrated his magic use),
> but he cannot learn these feats as abilities unless he becomes a
> devotee."

But that isn't true. HQ makes it pretty clear that only concetrated magic users can use magic directly (magic items excepted).

Sorry for the D&D terminology.

> The subtle difference is that you're not really
> improvising.

I think you're confusing HW and HQ. The important point is that "no-one" "ever" uses feats directly ; they use affinities.

Julian Lord

--
"Hmmm, I've heard of other powers.

... Real Life ?"