Re: Magic Items and Secrets

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 23:13:06 +0000

>Are magic items powers 'active' for non-concentrated users? Or do
>they remain an augment only? Obviously some items only lend
>themselves to being 'active' (like a bag that catches slyphs), so
>does this mean anyone who has spent a HP on them can use the active
>power?

Unless I see good arguments otherwise I intend to allow anything taken as an individual ability rather than as part of a Magic Keyword to be used as an 'active' ability.

>And what about Wizards using Theist items? Does the source of the
>power have any bearing, or once the power is installed is it just
>that, a power?

I suspect it's simpler to just to ignore the difference for many items. Items that require some sort of "recharging" or even "worship" might be different.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.