Re: Extended Contests

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 22:13:54 -0000

LOL. "Might" die, doesnt mean will die )). Any dramatic moment has to be a risk of loss of something... and to my players, who are very attached to their characters, character death is the worst result.

I did a simple contest once where we got a 1 vs 20 result and basically due to way I had worded it the whole party was dead... we had to back track it a bit and re-assess our events... we were still operating in D&D mode, and simple contests are not suitable for such a mode.

We have now adjusted and using simple contests I can move the party through a series of setup steps and onto the "big kabana/extended contest" in quick time... which is really nice.