Re: opinions on how much affinities and feats are limited to each other?

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:55:02 +0000

>wrote:
>> >
>> >Ex 1: Rigsdal gives a combat affinity. >
>> In this case given that the affinity is Combat, and Rigsdal is a
>> subcult of Humakt who does cover all sort sof combat I'd say go
>ahead
>> and use the affinity without modifiers.
>
>Ummm, Rigsdal can be a sub-cult of humakt, elmal, or orlanth
>allfather, so I should have been clearer. I was talking about
>Rigsdal as a stand alone god (yes, you can worship just rigsdal).
>His combat affinity contains a curiously lmiited set of feats, which
>is what had gotten me wondering about this in the first place.

Ah my fault, I should have checked Storm Tribe properly instead of remembering the Humakti write-up. Personally I think that the limited feat selection is an adequate limit in itself, especially if my reading that Initiates can't improvise feats outside those listed is correct (HQ p118).
I suppose you could limit the Augment to cases where there is a Feat which applies, but even the listed feats apply to use of javelins, fighting Chaos, fighting Uz and many defensive battles ("Stay at your Post"). And there ought to be more, so I think it is simplest to let the augment work generally, and just limit feats.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.