Re: Where's the traffic?

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:12:49 -0000

Well here in Australia we had the Rugby World Cup, which australia lost to the "pommy bastids"... that sort of squashed my last two sessions, and my sessions tend to generate my queries...

In the area of discussion however.... Super heroes at 10w4 seems a bit low... and saints at 10w6... way too low... well at least in my game (and I have certainly seen and read about games that advance really slowly)...

Consider a character starting at 5w1, we play every fortnight for a year, he will have 26 sessions and make roughly 3 HPs a session, of which he might end with 2 HPs free to spend on skills... my players are power gamers mostly so they invest in the same skills every session to beef them up high as possible... so main combat skill goes to 6w2, and other skills settle out around 5w1 to get +3 augments...

He is wearing good armour and good weapons... +9 He has at least 2 feats he can augment with at anytime... +6 He has several physical/mental skills he can use... +6 or more

So you are at... 7w3 after a years play.

Within reach of a super hero...

So what I am geting at is that 10w4 to me is the base skill of the hero, un-augmented... and with augments they will rocket up to ?w6 more likely, and to me be worthy super heroes... likewise with saints and gods, the given rating is the starting point only...