Re: alternative wounding rules

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 09:53:02 -0800

Mike:

>I believe, David, that he's said clearly that each wound would be separately
>recorded as ability (Flaw). Then the largest would, in general be augmented
>by the smaller. Hence, if I have an arm wound listed as Arm Gash 14, and a
>Body Blow 8, that 8 augments the 14 to 15 making the overall augment a -2.
>This is pure genius, IMO (and not just because all of my designs work that
>way :-) ).

That's actually a huge mess. It means that most wounds have no effect (the next 9 wounds in your example would be augmenting Arm Gash up to 24).

Also, I don't like the idea of double augments -- augmenting a skill so you can augment a skill just feels wrong. It's too indirect, and seems needlessly complex.

It seems to me that it would be simpler to accumulate a single Wounded value.

--

David Dunham