Re: alternative wounding rules

From: Michael Schwartz <raconteurx_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 18:00:41 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

> 7APs for a wound is entriely a distraction from
> your goal and a waste of time...

Which is why the "gritty combat" rule I proposed long ago on this list, that every time someone loses 7AP or more automatically results in a Hurt, was proposed in the first place. The scale can be adjusted up or down with ease, to make your combats either especially bloody (5AP lost = 1 Hurt) or not quite so bloody but still nastier than normal (10AP = 1 Hurt). It works, is easy to remember on the fly, and can be made even nastier still by making multiples of your benchmark result in additional Hurts. I don't recommend using this last option, as it tends to result in even longer, drawn-out extended contests.

--
Michael Schwartz
raconteurx_at_...