Re: alternative wounding rules

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 14:28:04 +0100

DD :

> >Then the largest would, in general be augmented
> >by the smaller. Hence, if I have an arm wound listed as Arm Gash 14, and a
> >Body Blow 8, that 8 augments the 14 to 15 making the overall augment a -2.
> >This is pure genius, IMO (and not just because all of my designs work that
> >way :-) ).
>
> That's actually a huge mess. It means that most wounds have no effect
> (the next 9 wounds in your example would be augmenting Arm Gash up to
> 24).
>
> Also, I don't like the idea of double augments -- augmenting a skill
> so you can augment a skill just feels wrong. It's too indirect, and
> seems needlessly complex.
>
> It seems to me that it would be simpler to accumulate a single Wounded value.

I like neither solution.

Surely it would be simpler just to treat each wound as separate, with its separate skill rating, each providing cumulative penalties ?

So, Arm Gash 14, and a Body Blow 8 = -1 + -1 = -2

The rules already state that each wound needs to be separately healed, so each wound should always be treated separately IMO.

Julian Lord

--
"Hmmm, I've heard of other powers.

... Real Life ?"