Re: alternative wounding rules

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:01:25 -0000

> Gritty = harsh, Simon. Do you want a system that leaves the victors
> in a combat unscathed or not? Why create a system which complicates
> the matter unduly when a simple solution is available?

I don't think the option to exchange 7APs for a wound is unduly complicated. The wounding rules currently under discussion don't seem very complicated either.

If anything, always mandating that the players must keep trach of wounds in combat seems to me to be the more complicated approach. It's certainly more complicated than running combats by default without incidental wounding along the way.

> > All contests are treated equaly - no special
> > rules just for combats.
>
> Except we have these fragments about arms and armor, and no other
> tools are discussed except in passing. Why is that, do you think?
> Mayhap it has something to do with special rules for combat...

It's always been the case that edges and handicaps can be used for other things than combat.

Simon Hibbs