Re: Equipment Bonuses in Combat

From: nichughes2001 <nicolas.hughes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 13:08:33 -0000

Not unreasonably difficult with the 10w2 magic protection suggested earlier in the discussion.

I venture to suggest that non-concentrated magicians with an interest in combat ability will have several augments available to them whilst those who have concentrated magic may instead have the active magic abilities which can bypass or circumvent mere physical advantages such as armor or shields (depending on the exact magic of course). Either way to equate several equipment bonuses against a single magic bonus is to assume a hero who is heavy on combat hardware and light on combat magics - in which case it is surely a matter of player choice that their combat ability is more affected by equipment than magic.

The ability to load up on equipment bonuses does tend to hit a glass ceiling whereas the ability to load up on magical augments does not. I would expect equipment to be less of a factor as the level of the game moves towards the heroic.

--
Nic