Re: Guardian queies

From: Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:30:35 -0500

Jeff writes:
> P.S. Any suggestions on good books by the list memebers about
> early New Kingdom Egypt would be greatly appreciated.

I can't speak to the quality of these. However, I myself really like historical mysteries as setting material for rolegaming. For instance, I used the van Gulik Judge Dee books as setting material for an "Outlaws of the Water Margin" campaign; I read the Candace Robb "Archer" mysteries as setting material for a C&S campaign; and, I'm reading the Lindsay Davies "Falco" mysteries as background for a FVLMINATA campaign I'll run some day.

I find that, not only do historical mysteries provide excellent setting tid-bits, they also provide excellent plot material I can rip off.

Accordingly, I suggest this list:

   <http://www.kenseamedia.com/amelia/mysteries.htm>

I'm not really up on my Egypitian history, so I'm not sure which of these qualify as 'New Kingdom'. Also, I haven't read any of the ones set in pre-19th century Egypt, so I can't comment on their quality.

--
Viktor Haag : Software & Information Design : Research In Motion
                              +--+