Wrong Gods Worship

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:13:29 -0800

Friends,

> From: jessedn_at_...
>Subject: Teelo Norri
>
>My players seem to have a habit of wanting to
>follow unusual deities.
>
>So I have a player who is playing a Carmanian Thief
>Initiate of Teelo Norri, which is one of the two Seven >Mothers who isn't in the Hero
>Wars books.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions on what sort of
>abilities and magic the cult would grant?

Nothing tht would help a thief.
Maic might be somethign like "Listen Well" and "symphathize" and "spoon out equalportions of gruel."

More importantly, it would essentially be impossible for a thief to initiate to Tello Norri. The deities aren't empty cyphers, but in fact will not grant powers to someone who is not in line with their divine attributes.

So, for instance, a pacifist might study and undergo rituals for Humakt, but, when attempting to pass the tests would simply not make the grade.

Similiarly a thief trying to get into a do-gooder Salvation Army type of cult.

If it can happen in your game, fine! TGWV. But not in mine.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford