Re: Teelo Norri

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 01:44:48 +0000

Jesse was asking about Teelo Norri

Simon said
>Teelo Norri was a mortal waif, before she realised her divinity so in
>worshiping her your character would not actualy be worshiping a god.

To which Jesse Responded
>I thought all of the Seven Mothers became divinities?

Yes, at least, sort of. All the 7 Mothers (with the possible exception of She Who Waits) were initially mortal. What I think Simon was referring to was the idea that Teelo Norri was sacrificed to provide a body for the Red Goddess, so whereas, for example Irippi Ontor the man became Irippi Ontor the God, but Teelo Norri the Girl became (I think) Teelo Estara, the Mortal form of Rufelza, the Red Goddess - A more in depth discussion of Lunar Theology is probably better carried out on the Digest (and by people more knowledgeable about it than me).

>I can't quote a reference, but in the old days Teelo Norri nuns had
>no magical powers and were a kind of Sally Army, looking after poor
>orphans.

These days her cult may be some source of Common Magic.

--
| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_...                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |