Re : Re: My first thoughts on HW

From: Alain Rameau <karamo_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 12:35:25 -0000

I have to admit that my scepticism regarding Hero Wars system comes mainly from my bitterness. In fact, I played for more than 15 years using RQ system, creating my own rules, adding material,... And now, I have almost to start from scratch if I want to keep up with the Gloranthan fan herd ! I am definitely not happy to throw all past work to the bin. That's why I'd like to use it someway. I expected some changes in the rules system, but not a brand new one, which purposes appears mainly to match the director's vision of the game (but, to use a cinema parallel, director's cut version of a movie is never a brand new movie !).

Alain.

> Anyway, I understand this is largely a matter of taste. I
like HW's design