Re: Rune Lords

From: Rob <robert.davis_at_...>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 15:23:45 -0000

Hi all

> If you did mean disciple, I think disciples are more rare than rune
> lords, among players and the world.

I guess I was referring to Wind Lords. As far as HQ/HW goes, they are disciples. True Rune Masters - even to the extent of the 90% time and resources. However, I feel that most Rune Levels in the 100 to 120% skill level would probably be more of a devotee. Say 15w level.

> 1. HeroQuest characters will have all sorts of odd but broadly
useful
> abilities (as seen on this list recently). In general, RuneQuest
> characters have what's on the standard sheet, with one or two
> exceptions that don't have the chance to go up.
>
> 2. The conversion won't be perfect --

My motivation would be for something handy reference wise when looking at old published stuff. I am having a look Borderlands.

I may also alter the time of the cradle! A year earlier would suit me! These are old RQ scenarios that I missed out on playing and would like to experience the vicarious pleasure of narrating them. In the long term I fancy sending the chaps on a quest to discover the fabled Windsword of the Elder Wilds. All a bit retro I know, but I never got to try them out as a player or Gm so I excuse myself my indulgence!!

Regards
Rob