RE: Re: Who's got a secret?

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 11:50:34 -0600

>From: "Rob" <robert.davis_at_...>
> >
> > I think it'll be betwen you and your deity, myself. If
> > you still need an intermediary, you're not ready.
> >

> > =====
> > Jane Williams
> >

>I'm with Jane on this one. The stats are supposed to represent
>spiritual development. Think of the Humakti secret and how it acts
>as a sort of mystic strike.

Good point. But I'm not really disagreeing. The NPC doing the judging in this case is just the God in question. My point would merely be that in my game the god doesn't just say, "Ah, got all three stats high enough" the god tests.

Not even gods know a character's stats. Or, rather, I don't believe that stats indicate anything so completely in-game that a god could peer at them and say, "ah, yes, ready now". It seems more fun, more HeroQuest-ish to make it a test of some sort.

In practice this means that the player and GM will work out together when the character is "ready" to be tested. Like any other contest, it only happens with the circumstances are right.

Mike

Find high-speed �net deals � comparison-shop your local providers here. https://broadband.msn.com