Re: Re: magical vs.mundane skills

From: Toksickburn_at_...
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:27:04 EST

In einer eMail vom 24.02.04 12:07:04 (MEZ) Mitteleuropäische Zeit schreibt simon.hibbs_at_...:

> The Run Fast example is interesting and actualy, for me, more
> problematical. The thing is that when using 'Run fast Boots 17' to
> run fast from one city to another, there's no real definition of
> success. How fast is a Minor Success? How fast is a Complete Success?

Have a look at p 65, please. The sample contest consequences. There you have examples for varying degrees of success for climbing. The same thing. Climbing up is climbing up, just as run to a city is run to a city. But a complete victory is faster and better than a marginal victory.

Maybe my mistake is, if its supposed to be a race, two runners competing who is faster, you wouldnt pit their skills against each other, but pit each individual skill against the resistance of the distance or whatever you wanna call it and then compare the degrees of success. In that way one would pit his skill against the mundane resistance of the distance and the other one with the magic would pit his magic against the magical resistance of 14.

all the best

Christian