Re: Questions

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 07:55:27 -0500

At 12:21 PM 3/3/2004 +0000, Jane Williams wrote:
> --- John Hughes <nysalor_at_...> wrote: >
> > >
> > > Like weregild, these laws of hospitality are
> > Orlanthi laws and an
> > > unsheathed Humakti is not obliged to follow them.
> >
> > If the humakti doesn't follow the ritual of the
> > greeting, he or she doesn't come onto the tula.
>
>Unless of course he or she is *seriously* scarey.

         Sure, but this should be the rare exception, not a standard occurrence.

>But when asked if they come as friend or foe, they're
>likely to give a completely truthful answer.
>What happens after that is anybody's guess.

         And there's a great story -- the battered traveller shows up at the clan and asks to enter. When asked why, he says "My god has commanded me to challenge two of your clansmen to fight to the death." One's the clan champion, the other an old Issaries trader -- what is the reason for this odd request? Can the champion turn down the fight honorably, or will it cost her too much face? What did the trader do? He's too old and sick to fight the Humakti, what can he say that might get a PC to take the challenge for him? Would that satisfy the Humakti? Is this a ritual or an old grudge on the part of the cultist? What does the Ring do? If they are planning to fight a nearby clan, they don't want to cheese off Humakt, but who wants to meekly let some crazy guy kill clan members? Where is the honor? And so on...

Peter Larsen