Re: Questions

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 23:56:16 +0000

>Where do we stand re Humakti and weregild? Storm Tribe says that if
>they kill someone, then the clan of that person have to take it up
>with the humakti?

Resheathed Humakti have the same duty to pay weregild as anyone else. And like anyone else in Orlanthi society they can say "No one can make you do anything" and refuse to pay. Other Humakti are likely to be part of a "battalion" - and the battalion could pay up - if anyone dares ask. Then again, anyone who asks may find themselves challenged to a duel to the death. Lone Humakti are liable to be treated as outlaws - they have no kin nor any place in society.

> I guess Humakti have to be carefull who and when
>they kill.

IMHO less so than most. Humakti are expected to be killers. But killing carries consequences, wergild or no wergild.

>Is a roll off 20 always a fumble? I assume that it is.

A roll of 20 is always a fumble BEFORE applying bumps. If you have a mastery advantage you will never end up with a fumble.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.