Re: Gaining Hero Points

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:20:53 -0000

>  --- Janus <janus2213_at_v...> wrote:

> > In HW hero points were gained at every session. In
> > HQ hero points are gained at each
> > adventure. Does an adventure equate a session, or is
> > an adventure supposed to be
> > multiple sessions, or ... ?

I have just started narrating a game. The scenarios I have run have all lasted around 1 evening of play. The main HQ rulebook gives some guidance in what to give out regarding HP at the end of the scenario. 3-8 Hp seems to be the norm. 3 if they just make it to the end without getting killed; 5 if they are succesful and up to 3 more points if they have been super succesful and there appears to be a good reason to give out more Hp's.

I tend to keep everyone on the same amount of HP's. Other than that, I give out 3 at the start of each scenario. Thats 6 to 11 Hp per game.

I suppose I will adjust things depending on how many Hp's the players burn in a game and how much they spend in increasing their abilities. Not all players are the same.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Rob