RE: Re: Exploiting sidekicks

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 21:09:48 +0100 (BST)

> >Might I suggest looking at something like OiD, and
> the
> >NPCs who have stats in there? They have followers.
> >Followers on whom many, many HP have been lavished,
> >admittedly, but it should give an idea on what
> >side-kicks *can* be like.
>
> So, they're more fully realized characters? Sounds
> cool. Not sure that it
> clarifies the issue if the characters have been
> developed, but it would be cool to see...

It shows how HP *can* be spent on on sidekicks, is my thought. If they have keywords higher than the base, then HP can clearly be spent on keywords.

Looking...
every time "initiate of" or "devotee of" is mentioned, the affinities are listed in brackets. No numbers, but they're listed.
First NPC, first follower, has two keywords, one at 15W and the other at 12W. Looks like keywords can be raised, and indeed bought. Number of significant abilities varies: looks like they can be bought, too.

> >Sadly I gather that they're
> >only used as AP batteries or as the lead skill, not
> as
> >augments, so give no clues as to how that would
> work.
>
> OK, not sure what the issue is here.

Maybe there isn't one. I'm just pointing out what *can't* be learnt from this source. If you didn't want to learn it anyway, there's no problem.

Jane Williams

WIN FREE WORLDWIDE FLIGHTS - nominate a cafe in the Yahoo! Mail Internet Cafe Awards www.yahoo.co.uk/internetcafes