Re: Concentration and Misapplied Worship

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:49:22 -0700

illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...> wrote:
> I am still confused, Roderick:
>
> If I understand correctly what you said, all of Aeolians don't have
> any
> magic to use actively.....as far as I know, if you are a non-
> concentrated
> theist, your magic can only augment mundane ability.

As I understand it, you *can* concentrate your magic and use misapplied worship.

For example, you can concentrate your magic in Sorcery and venerate St. Ehilm (misapplied worship of Elmal); you can concentrate your magic in Animism and follow the Sword-Man Practice (misapplied worship of Humakt).

The thing is, because it's misapplied worship, you don't get the half-hero-point-cost benefit that ordinarily comes from concentration.

So... if you're not concentrated in Sorcery, it costs you 6 hero points to improve your "Use [Scripture]" ability for any scripture, whether misapplied or not.

If you *are* concentrated in Sorcery, you can improve your "Use Abiding Book" ability for only three points, but improving your "Use Life of St. Ehilm" still costs six hero points, because it's misapplied worship. But you still get the other benefits of being concentrated, like the ability to learn the cult secret.

Am I misunderstanding this?

--Andrew S.