Re: Magic items (was Transforming abilities)

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 17:29:44 -0400

I get the wall jumping thing (it's well explained with the tree-jumping example).

I realize that to use our magic Sword of the Seven Winds from earlier, if I use "Summon Howling Gale" 15W2 to summon powerful winds that tear up trees and blow down the three little pigs straw house, the resistance is 14.

But if I use , "blow away missiles" 5W, does it get resisted by my opponent's archery?

Does the Lunar charging me get to use his Strong 19 to resist the Howling Gale? (not that it does much better than the default 14.)

Or take the case of my magic potion, what does the target resist with? (I am assuming here that they have no magic ability to resist with, obviously an active magic ability can resist a magic ability. In fact, I even think it says that a common magic ability that is normally only available as an augment can be used as the resistance.)

In other words, is there any consensus on when a mundane ability can be used as resistance to magic?

LC