RE: Trusting the dice (was Re: slick little bid plan)

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:43:57 -0500

>From: "Mike Dawson" <mdawson_at_...>

>So my moral is: don't be afraid to trust your dice.

Amen. Hero Points make everything right.

>(Unless you're Brad, the guy in my game whose average roll seems to be 17,
>and who
>fumbled in his only major action of the night.)

See, this even isn't a problem. Because, first, the player may still be able to buy his way out with HP if he really wants to win. Secondly, and more importantly, failing is not only not a bad thing in HQ, it's actually pretty fun. Wounded? Cool, now I have a new goal of finding some way to get well again. Dead? Never has to happen, unless the narrator makes it happen. So there's nothing to worry about.

Roll the dice in the open, maybe for the first time in your gaming career. You'll love it.

Mike

Watch LIVE baseball games on your computer with MLB.TV, included with MSN Premium! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200439ave/direct/01/