Trusting the dice (was Re: slick little bid plan)

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 14:15:20 -0000

I agree to a point. Even so, a player with quite phenomenally bad dice luck ends up with a character who is just plain not as good as those around him. Combine that with the player's apparent inability to focus on the idea of finding applicable augments and the determination to do something even in the face of great odds and you end up with what happened to his character: natural fumble on a big bid versus an opponent who still had bumps left over, so spending a point helped not a bit.

> Roll the dice in the open, maybe for the first time in your gaming career.
> You'll love it.

I most always have. The only time I don't do this is when the characters are engaged in a contest and don't know about it.

Mike Dawson