Re: Re: Improving magical items

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 17:19:58 -0500

>From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
>
>Mike Holmes wrote:
> > I think that a good solution will be frequent and liberal applications
>of
> > advanced experience
>
>+1 point per year is not fast or liberal.

That's a good point. In the game that I play in (as opposed to the game I run), I've convinced Josh to give out some advanced experience for only a several month break. I can see giving out a lot more potentially as well. For one thing, advancement should be in every keyword that the player indicated the character was still doing stuff with (in addition, I've been thinking that ones unused for long periods like this should go down the same amount from getting "rusty").

But I'll consider two or three per year and maybe more based on circumstances. Like being in a war could be worth a lot in a short time.

> > (has anyone actually played to this level?).
>
>Our campaign has some upper W2 level abilities, but started at the
>typical Hero Wars 5W/1W/17/13 level. This is over only four game years,
>so a massive +4 if we had advanced experience.

Heh, I had the same conversion problems with the game I run, so almost everyone has a keyword at 4W or something like that. I wasn't so much talking about starting with advanced experience as getting it in play.

Mike

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page � FREE download! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/