Re: Advancement and Currency (Was: Improving magical items)

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 16:26:17 -0500

>From: "Light Castle" <light_castle_at_...>
>
>Wow. I see where you are going with that idea, but it seems pretty
>cumbersome. (Just
>my opinion.) Have you had a chance to try it in play?

As I posted earlier, no, I've never actually used it, nor do I think it's particularly playable (actually I do, but only if you accept that it'll change the game drastically in other ways - a whole nother thread that might not even be suitable for this list).

You're missing my point.

I mentioned that system offhandedly as another attempt that I've already made to solve the problem at hand. The Currency Based System solves the problems, but only by ratehr drastically changing things around. What I'm looking for is just a reconciliation of the rules that exist, some guideline for giving out larger increases in ability that make it all gel together well.

Mike

Watch LIVE baseball games on your computer with MLB.TV, included with MSN Premium! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200439ave/direct/01/