Re: Stealing School Secrets

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 13:45:04 +0100

Joerg Baumgartner asks

[creating a Talisman for a spell in your Grimoire]

>In Otherworld terms, does this establish a direct link to the spell's
>source in the Otherworld, bypassing the grimoire node if need be?

Yes, I Believe so - That is why you can augment one with the other

>If so, when I lose access to that node, do I retain my full skill
>(former grimoire ability plus spell ability) on the bypass?

I don't think your skill was (Grimoire + Spell) rather, if you had created a Talisman you now have a "Use Grimoire" skill and a separate "Spell" Skill. You can use either to cast the spell, and augment with the other one, but they are otherwise unconnected - Increasing one will not automatically increase the other...

--
| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_...                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |