RE: Multi-way contests

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:37:58 -0400

Interesting.

I was going to defend the transfers but the more I think about it, in this particular case they don't work.

I love transfers otherwise, but that's because I'm a fan of the dramatic story fight, which is obviously where they come from. Being able to regain AP, to surge back, to draw strength from suddenly gaining advantage and push that momentum is very much in the spirit of cinematic combat. (If you want an easy example, turn on professional wrestling and watch the ebb and flow of a fight. If it's a main event or other long match, you'll see an obvious extended contest with bids, parting shots, AP transfers, and final actions.)