Spiritual Warfare (Was: How to use this charm)

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 14:09:49 -0500

>From: Paul May <kax_at_...>

> Also the safe roads of the Empire (whichever Empire) have ritual
>protection built into them, so they are safer to travel than the
>countryside or the back roads. Same with canals.
> So, part of war could be breaking road systems, or putting breaks in
>them, so the protection leaks out/fades away/gets offended and
>leaves.

Well, I could see that to an extent. But it's less damaging to mess with the spirits of a road than it is to simply make it impassable. That is, a road with no spiritual support is still a travelable road. So you're really just making things less useful. Which means that I think it's not something that people would go out of their way to do.

OTOH, if you're already there, then no reason not to desecrate anything that you capture. So I see this as something perfunctorily done in the course of war. But shaman commandos don't seem too likely. That said, I could see a PC who made this their singlhanded commitment to a war effort. It's the odd sort of thing that a PC would do.

Mike

MSN Life Events gives you the tips and tools to handle the turning points in your life. http://lifeevents.msn.com