Re: Digest Number 1586

From: labrygon_at_...
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 07:32:50 EDT

Bryan:
> A bag
> of coins, a bottle of fine wine, a secret, a favor owed. In
> appropriate situations they could cash these in for a bonus in an
> appropriate contest. As I said, I wouldn't want to make them cement
> them, as who will spend an HP for a temporary item?

One idea would perhaps to allow the item to represent a Hero Point rather than a bonus - ie you spend it to bump a result. A bottle of fine wine could be a suprise weapon in a fight, help with seduction or persuasion, make a friend, help heal a wound; a secret could be just the thing to answer ones current problem. Again, agreeing with , it is probably against the design idea for HQ but if it works what the heck.

Keith