Re: Re: Money....

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 20:28:24 -0700

> >This was rather my point, I want a way to carry over non-permanent
> >items from one episode to the next without necessarily putting HP
> >into these "temporary" items.
>
> As I say, this is the usual place where things expire. There is no
> requirement, however. The point being that if you think it's appopriate,
you
> can let these things expire over much longer times. Indefinitely, in fact.
> Which should solve your problem, no?

Nothing *obligates* the narrator to dispose of "uncemented" items immediately between the episode it was found and the next one, it's just a natural place to do so. If the player wants to save his HP and not cement his item, then he might keep it for only the current session, or for ten sessions, he just has no "right" to kick up a fuss if the narrator decides to do away with it at some point, even in the middle of a session ("You *thought* you'd packed your magical bottle of wine, but now you can't find it..."). Likewise, if the narrator says "oh, don't bother to cement it, but it's only a one-use item", then that's fine too. No need for a special rule (or set of them!!).

RR
- Richelieu