Re: Re: Childbirth

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 17:05:01 -0400

On 17 Jul 2004 at 18:03, bethexton_at_... wrote:

> Mind you, one factor to consider is that humans have awful birthing
> compared to most animals. I'm positive that there is a myth to
> explain this (and yes, this means that back in the green age babies
> just about popped out, and were probably not so helpless). It could
> be a curse, somewhat like what the trolls suffer from. Or it could
> be something more involved....humans traded easy birthing for the
> humanity rune or something? Maybe because grandfather mortal was the
> first to die, death always lurks around birthing?

Well, as we all know, in the RW Western Tradition it is a curse. I'm not sure I like that though. Trading away easy birthing for something could be interesting. I like the Grandfather Mortal idea, but does that really apply? I somehow recall Grandfather Mortal not just being human, but I think only humans have these severe birth difficulties.

But what would they have traded this away for?

LC