Playing the game

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:01:57 -0000

A few nits here, any help to clear them up would be great!
  1. A theist character get into a fight against a shaman (or wizard maybe). If the shaman attacks with an animist spirit, do you defend with your best (appropriate) magical ability at -20 (alin world Penalty)? So following that logic they attack at -20? So why bother with the math? Are there any that do not suffer alien world penalties?
  2. Magical attacks. You can modify magical attacks with mundane abilities, or not? I can't find anything in the rulebook on this. Anyone able to volunteer a page number?
  3. If you are an Orlanth Devotee, say, Destor - but you wanted the Flight Affinity of Vanaganth - can you pay your Hero Point and learn the affinity? Or the Feats? All without any additional time to pay. What mechanism is there, bar Narrator intervention, that bars a player from having all of the affinities of all of the Orlanth Adventurous subcults? I read the Theist section of the rulebook and it has left me a little confused.

For the record, I am happy to let players *buy* individual feats, but they have to be from shrines of the thunder brother, but the Godi of the shrine and the clan must have some reason, like a Boon or service rendered, not just a hi I'm Boggi Runeson, I want you to teach me Searing Bolt from your Finovan shrine - I'm a Devotee of Destor don't you know!

Cheers
Rob