Re: How to do a "God-child"

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 23:03:43 +0100

>As far as becoming an initiate or devotee (or even disciple) I think
>it depends on where you envisage ending up - Assuming that becoming
>sort of god is the aim, a character like this who becomes a devotee
>of one or other of his parents will likely end up as a Hero Cult of
>that parent, possibly offering a feat or affinity from the other
>parent. A disciple will most likely be remembered as a (new) aspect
>of the parent god.

Thanks for the comments. To enlarge on the particular issue above, my understanding is that a would-be God needs magic of his (or her) own and a Devotee can have no magic that does not come from his God. The way I see it is that Devotees have to gain magic through HeroQuesting (perhaps showing that their God "always" had that magic or forging a different relationship than strict Devotion). And on the other hand the Lunar breeding program uses Heroquesting to produce magically gifted children who can use those gifts to meet the requirement for unique magic - at the cost of not becoming Devotees and having to give up the magic - at least without HeroQuesting.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.