Third Eye Blue

From: Mike Gibb <migibb_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 17:58:05 +0000

One of my players (no previous Glorantha experience) decided he wanted to be a swordsmith and we decided on third eye blue as a background (the listing for Piku in Apple Lane, by the way, is a pretty good example in how to write your 100 words for a character). Now I've been searching old archives and Lokarnos etc for inspiration and am trying to write up a homeland sheet for them but thought I would ask if anyone had done so previously. Any thoughts as to what should be included?

What I have so far:

they are a sorcerous culture

originally from Fronela (they claim to have ruled it all before Time) but linked to Carmania?

they stole the secret of iron from the Mostali (who hate them for it?)

they are secretive and clannish and lead a gypsy-like lifestyle

although they have ritual to adopt outsiders it is rarely used and they distrust most (esp other Fronelans)

they have magic for crafting all forms of metal

I will post the homeland write up when I get it finished, any thoughts/donations appreciated. I'm posting this to the rules list because I'm looking for inspiration on a rules front, but this could well turn into a discussion about the "life and times of a 3EB travelling sword salesman". I'd love it if it does, but will then take it to the Heroquest-RPG list.

cheers

mike

Want to block unwanted pop-ups? Download the free MSN Toolbar now! http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/