Re: Initiates using feats.

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:43:49 -0500

>From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>

> > Here's what I'd do (what I have done with the character in question),
> > simplify it. Initiates can only buy affinities, period. They can,
>therefore,
> > buy an affinity from the sub-cult at 13, just as though joining any
>other
> > cult - although actually joining the sub-cult is another, more expensive
>and
> > involved, option. This affinity can be used to improvise the feats at 8.
>
>You still have the issue of how to treat sub-cults which _only_ grant
>feats, though. I suppose you could either get rid of these, or allow it
>to remain as a residual special case -- at least if there's "Hobson's
>Choice", there's no question of feat vs. affinity arising for that
>specific magic, though it'd remain in general.

I would create an affinity from the feat. So, Leap to Top of High Tree would be Leap to Tree or something. Barely wider, or not at all in some cases. The point is that the active ability is five lower.

Mike

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! hthttp://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/