Re: Initiates using feats.

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:30:04 -0500

>From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>

>That's a good point; as written, sub-cult magic is a 'free lunch' in
>everything aside from (the small matter of!) the HP cost of buying the
>'extra' abilities themselves. A 'penalty' therein isn't necessarily
>unreasonable.

Right, the only question is whether it would balance or not (meaning be attractive enough to take, but not so attractive that this was all anyone takes).

> > OTOH, if you want to make them even closer in attraction, make the
>affinity
> > just as broad as any other.
>
>But that's already expressly possible (at least potentially). So if one
>were offered a choice between 'affinity' and 'stand-alone feat, for
>which you'll pay full affinity cost anyway', it's not a hard decision.

Well, my point was that there would be no stand-alones, that all would have "normal" affinities. As opposed to my earlier idea of having the stand-alones have "narrow affinities" associated.

But, yeah, you can neatly avoid the problem by just never giving an example of a sub-cult with a stand-alone feat.

Mike

Check out Election 2004 for up-to-date election news, plus voter tools and more! http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx