Re: Re: Initiates and Devotees

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:53:20 -0500

>From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
>
>On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 04:15:01PM -0500, Mike Holmes wrote:
> > I think this is not only fine, it makes a
> > lot of sense. Heck, their fascination with feats may be how a particular
> > character got interested in theism in the first place.
>
>If most of the Homeland writeups are anything to go by, it doesn't
>really seem to work that way on a cultural level...

True. Or, rather, it depends on what these are supposed to represnt. If they're just "typical" sources for those people, then it's not an issue. Given the generic list of common magic, I'm not sure just how avialiable other sources of common magic should be. That is, it seems that its available to all PCs at least. I'm just not sure if they're exceptions or not.

In any case, it seems plausible for any PC in a circular argument sort of way. He was intereted in feats, so he got into Theism. I'd buy that, even from a Heortling.

Fortunately for me, I play in a different world from Glorantha where I can just arbitrarily rule that all sorts of common magic are available to anyone, making them able to take this combo if they like (but see my comment in the other post about my intention to make common magic a selection of an extra keyword to ensure balance).

Mike

Check out Election 2004 for up-to-date election news, plus voter tools and more! http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx