Re: Re: City gods

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 22:00:07 +0100

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:27:21 -0000, you wrote:

>I still don't get why you need an embassy. I don't agree that magic
>from Pavis only works around Pavis. The general rune stuff in RQ
>didn't work that way and they always had their Spirit ally and
>battle magic, then in ONE hero wars supplement, which isn't official
>someone postulates that Pavis worshippers can't use their magic out
>of Pavis. Oh well YGMV!

Well the stuff on www.glorantha.com is to the best of my knowledge official Hero Wars.

Personally I don't like the embassy idea because it seems too 19th century. Embassies are a product of modern societies with an agreed standard of laws and practices. Sartar and Prax aren't (IMG) like that, and their gods are even less like that.

But as you saw, YGMV