Re: City gods

From: nichughes2001 <nicolas.hughes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:13:29 -0000

> Well the stuff on www.glorantha.com is to the best of my knowledge
> official Hero Wars.
>
> Personally I don't like the embassy idea because it seems too 19th
> century. Embassies are a product of modern societies with an agreed
> standard of laws and practices. Sartar and Prax aren't (IMG) like
> that, and their gods are even less like that.

The modern highly codified form of an embassy is indeed modern but (I'm willing to be corrected by any ancient historians here) the ancient Greek embassies could involve a delegation living in a foreign city for quite long periods. They probably did not have the full legal protections of a modern embassy but nor were they subject to the vagaries of the local laws and leadership.

Whether they fit anyone's idea of what might be fun to add to a game is entirely up to them. I would not worry too much about how it fits with Heortling or Praxian culture because Pavic culture is distinctively different to both.

--
Nic