Re: Narrator freebie

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 17:39:11 -0700

>My group are facing the crimson bat. Broyan lauded their bravery
>and instructed his priest to initiate them (the Orlanth dudes) in
>the ways of vanganth.

Oh, look, Broyan's equipping himself with cannon fodder. :-).

Assuming they already have a "main" cult, and that this will be a "secondary" cult for them:

> What are peoples thoughts. Do they get the affinity at 17 and a -5
> improv
>
> get the flight affinty at 13 and 3 abilities

By the rules for the rules for "Initiate" on p116 and "Multiple Initiation" on p118, assuming they are actually initiating to Vanganth. (Remember that If they are already Devotees of another god, then they *can't* initiate to Vanganth.):

We'll assume that they can pass the Become an Initiate contest (p117) using Broyan's "These are friends of mine and I'd *really* appreciate it if you'd initiate them [menacing glower] 10w2" ability.

Do they have 3 HP to pay or will Broyan's generosity stretch that far? If yes:

Gain "Initiate of Vanganth" at 13 or "Worship [Pantheon]" rating, whichever is higher.
Gain one affinity (gee, guess which one?) at 13. They get the -5/-10 mod. to use it.
That's it, unless they have extra HP (or Broyan is *really* generous) to buy more abilities, at the regular rates.
No feats unless they Devote to Vanganth!

If they already worship any of the subcults of Orlanth Adventurous, they can use the rules for "Subcults and Daimones" on p 120, and pick up the Flight affinity (with no feats, use a -5/-10 mod) for 3/6 HP (again, Broyan's HP might be used).

> Any advances?

Only if they have the HP (Or Broyan's purse of HP and Generosity is boundless).

RR
- Richelieu