Re: Re: Narrator freebie

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 12:18:56 +0100 (BST)

Me:

> > You *might* want to consider either giving them a
> skill better than the standard 13,

Nic:

> While initiation is usually performed as the most
> straightforward
> and minimal risk version of heroquest is there
> really any reason to
> believe that more challenging and rewarding versions
> do not exist?

> In which case the greater ability rating would be a
> normal
> consequence of the heroquest rather than some
> exception to the normal rules.

Good point!

I was considering the simple "get one feat from another sub-cult" rather than full initiation, but the same applies.

Which brings me to another related point I keep considering - what are the heroquests to gain feats actually like? Obviously you need a myth to work from. But should it be a myth where the deity *uses* the power, or the one where they *learn* the power? There are plenty of the former around, less of the latter. And if it's "and at this point Vanganth picked up a heavy weight and flew with it", then how is the questor, who as yet has no ability to fly with or without weights, meant to do that station of the quest?

Jane Williams