Spell matrices

From: Stephen McGinness <stephenmcg_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 14:40:29 +0100

I've just been reading through my old copy of Sun County as my group will be venturing off the cradle and onto dry land in the next session. While reading through the main NPCs I noticed that Count Solanthos Ironpike has an iron pike with a Bladesharp 10 spell matrix.

How would you go about representing this in HQ? I thought that it is a temporary reduction in advantage (loss of magical power) to gain a much greater one when using a bladed weapon. What would people think of magical items where AP had to be spent to 'activate' a magical effect - possibly +5 to Pike Combat? How much AP would be appropriate?

The whole spell matrix thing just seems to Glorantha to throw out completely...