Re: Practice spirits have how many abilities?

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 01:36:05 -0000

> thrid party, or is it for personnal use only?
>
> Regards
> Rob

I'd be inclined to say no, but not from any particular rules reason. After all theists can cast their magic on others (given time and some small penalty), and spirits are sort of animist magic, so why not?

Well why would a spirit do it, the target has no relationship to it, doesnt believe in it etc... In fact a devotee of another faith would have to refuse the aid as it is inappropriate magic. But what about one storm bull helping another storm bull ? Maybe a relationship test on the spirit similar to the one you have to make to get a follower to aid another player... the resistance based on the attractiveness of the target... Waha to Waha, roll vs 15, Waha to Daka Fal roll vs 20, Waha to Storm Bull roll vs 25 etc.

Another question comes to my mind is can a spirt be released to add to an enchantment on a weapon, which is listed as an skill/ability? Prob not but worth talking about.