Re: Thunderstone Slingers

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:21:17 -0000

uh huh. thing is, I know how I run it and would like to play the character how I run it, but I will be the player!!

> But technically, go to page 99 of the HQ book, right at the
top, "Beings resist enemy
> magic with their best relevant ability or keyword, whether mundane
or magical."

Hmmmm. But I think there is a whole game balance thing here. If you get attacked by something that is purely magical then fine, if you don't have a good magical defence your stuffed, but then I think you stop Hedkorathi tossing their thunderstones and just start running up to hit people with a sword because their better at that and the other guy resists with Sword and shield whatever you do. Or start a hailstorm, but Hedkoranth signature is the thunderstone.

i guess I want to play in a game where thunderstones and lightning is thrown about, Orlanthi fly around, Lunars blast you with evil red magic and so on.

I guess I will just get worse when I go and see the Jet Li film Hero.

Regards
Rob