Re: Followers augmenting question.

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 15:48:56 -0700

> I think the intent of the rules would seem to be that Followers only use
> one ability at a time, and are intended to be "simple" in terms of how
> they're used.

Pretty much.

> Personally I have problems with the whole concept (I tend to swap
> characters from PC to NPC to follower to ally between scenarios, as
> focus shifts), but after discussion here, found that turning most
> Followers into Allies solved a lot of them. If you want Bob to do more
> stuff and be more important, converting him to an Ally might be a useful
> way forward?

As long as you remember that Allies aren't always around, and might call on the hero for aid (instead of the other way around), etc. *If* played that way, then they are supposedly Narrator Characters and the player wouldn't be spending HP on them (Theoretically they'd have their own HP pool to use to increase their abilities, whether they were NPCs or are part of a player's "Stable" of heroes).

RR
- Richelieu