Re: Re: Pol Joni

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 21:43:53 +1300

Nic wrote:

>I would think they were rather desperate Praxians. It would be hard
>to survive out there if expelled from your clan for any reason (or
>if your clan had been destroyed).

Since the Praxians are not obsessed with clans as the Heortlings are, they can join another clan if they were simply cast out.

>That [the Pol Joni] repeated the
>process would seem the most obvious explanation for their apparent
>rapid recovery in military strength[1] under the Lunar occupation.

>[1] After their defeat 3-4 years previously they were unable to send
>any noticable forces to Moonbroth in 1610, a battle pretty much on
>their home turf against an enemy they had more reason to hate than
>most.

Why? What had the Lunars ever done to the Pol Joni? They first invaded Prax in response to the Praxians kicking Pol Joni butt.

>By 1613 their fortunes had recovered to the point that they
>were able to send significant forces to aid in Starbrow's rebellion.

They did? They are not mentioned in the history of Starbrow's revolt.

--Peter Metcalfe

---