Re: Re: Taunting during combat; magic

From: bertmeister <bertmeister_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 12:44:14 +0100

> Tim answered me
>
> > Even if you mean that players can use
> > "death" or "combat" affinities to deduct Action points as feats, is
> > this really more common than hte "Disruption" spell?
>
> I do mean this, and unlike the RuneQuest Disruption spell, you can
> actually kill someone using the ranged magic I mention above (just
> drive them to a big negative AP total). OK, Sleep probably doesn't
> kill you (but you might be in an effectively permanent coma at -31
> AP).

Rob chips in

Come on! Sleep spell someone to death? Lets not forget that Hero Wars is a storytelling game! If you sleep someone, and they lose the AP's and is out of the fight, it is surely up to the narrator to decide what happens to the character. May I suggest that you play other games such as AD&D, or even the old RQ 2 &3 if you wish for a Role-play-by-numbers game!

Respect!